A jQuery-plugin that highlights whole columns in a table when hovering over them.
It’s supporting tables with colspans and rowspans, too!
If you need support for row highlighting through the plugin, please head over to the tableHover plugin page.
Files: (last update: 2007-08-05 - v 0.1.1)
Usage and Examples:
Please take a look at the demo page and the source of the jquery.columnhover.js file.
- hoverClass - string - A CSS class that is set on the cells in the column with the mouse over. Default value: “hover”
- eachCell - boolean - Allows highlighting the column while hovering over the table body or table footer. When disabled, highlighting is allowed only through the table header. Default value: false
- includeSpans - boolean - Includes columns with the colspan attribute set in the hover and highlight process. Default value: true
- ignoreCols - array - An array of numbers. Each column with the matching column index won’t be included in the highlighting process. Index starting at 1! Default value: 
- v 0.1.1 - 2007-08-05
- added new option “ignoreCols”, through which columns can be excluded from the highlighting process
The plugin was successfully tested on Firefox 2, Opera 9.21 and IE 6/7.